December 16-17, 2019 6pm-9pm at Little Theatre.
Director: Michael Bruce
Performances Feb. 28, 29 and March 1, 6, 7, 8, 2020
1. Show dates are Thursday through Sunday, December 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15 (Sat. the 7th, Sun the 8th, and Sun. the 15th, will be matinees at 2pm. All other showtimes will be at 7:30pm). If you have a conflict with one or more of these dates, please do not audition for the show.
2. Rehearsals for the show will be every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 6-9 pm, with occasional 3-4 hour Saturday dance rehearsals, which are also required.
3. Questions should be directed to Tomi Carroll, Director.
1. Auditions will be held on Friday, Sept, 20, and Saturday, Sept. 21, from 6 – 9 p.m. at Little Theatre of Bedford
2. To audition, you MUST sign up for a slot here: Elf the Musical Auditions
3. The deadline for signing up is September 19. Please write down your scheduled audition time and arrive five minutes early.
4. Children 5 and older may audition, though there are limited roles available for children.
5. Those auditioning should come prepared with an approximately 1-minute long song excerpt to sing acapella. The selection does not have to be from the show, you can sing anything. (Actors auditioning for the roles of Buddy, Santa, Jovie, Walter, Emily or Michael should ideally perform a song the character would sing in the show.)
6. Actors will perform song selections individually for the production team, then exit and come back to do script readings in small groups.
7. Roles being filled include the following:
Buddy – Male, Lead, Tenor
Walter Hobbs – Male, Supporting. Tenor
Emily Hobbs – Female, Supporting, Alto
Jovie – Female, Supporting, Mezzo-Soprano
Mr. Greenway – Male, Supporting, Tenor
Michael Hobbs – Young Male, Supporting, Treble/Boy Soprano
Santa Claus – Male, Supporting, Baritone
Deb – Female, Featured, Alto
Charlie – Male, Featured
Shawanda – Female, Featured
Ensemble – Either Gender, Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Baritone, Bass
Auditions for our first production of the 2019-20 season Agatha Christie’s AND THEN THERE WERE NONE will be held at the theater on July 22 and 23 from 6 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. according to director Genna West.
The cast calls for 8 men and 3 women, ages 18 years of age and older. Those auditioning should be prepared to perform a death scene.
Show dates are Sept. 27, 28, 29 and Oct. 4, 5, 6, 2019.
Auditioners must complete this online form https://forms.gle/YH77JQatKv1pdznJ6
The Little Theatre of Bedford will be holding auditions for it’s next production the hilarious comedy Play On! by Rick Abbott and produced by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.
Audition Dates: December 10 and 11
from 6-8 @ Little Theatre of Bedford
Play On! is a ‘play within a play’ story of a small theatre group trying to put on a murder mystery in spite of mishaps, malaprops, and maddening interference from the amateur author. Directed by Rachel Fishback, Play On! Normally, it’s in bad taste to openly laugh at such an unfortunate performance, but for Play On!, it’s highly encouraged!
Show Dates: March 1, 2, 3 and March 8, 9, 10 2019
Roles available for Actors and Actresses ages 16-75.
Aggie Manville – stage manager M/F (18-70)
Gerry Dunbar – director M/F (20-75)
Henry Benish – Actor M (30-55)
Polly Benish – Actress F (30-55)
Smitty – High schooler Actress F (16-18)
Saul Watson – Actor M (30-55)
Billy Carewe – Actor M (20-35)
Violet Imbry – Acteress F (20-35)
Louise – Sound tech M/F (18-70)
Phyllis – Playwrite M/F (25-70)
The script is very adaptable for several of the characters to be played by either a male or female.
Directed By: Rachel Fishback
For more information concerning the auditions call the box office: 812-279-3009 or contact us thru this Facebook page
Little Theatre of Bedford 1704 Brian Lane Way, Bedford, In 47421
AUDITION ANNOUNCEMENT! Auditions for our first show of the year, the musical “Once On This Island,” will be held on July 24, 2018. To audition, you MUST complete the linked google form, as well as the doodle poll within the form that will allow you to sign up for a specific audition slot. If you are unable to make the 24th, please contact the director, Wendy Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an alternate audition time. All information needed to audition is contained in the Google form. The majority of parts available are for older teens (age 16+) and adults, though there is one role each for a young girl and boy, age 7-10.
“Once On This Island,” written by Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, is based upon the novel “My Love, My Love” by Rosa Guy, and represents a tropical and tragic retelling of the story “The Little Mermaid.” The story takes place on an island, on which people are separated by class–the rich and the poor. Ti Moune, a peasant girl on the poor side of the island, saves the life of a rich boy, Daniel, who lives on the wealthy side of the island. The power of the love between Ti Moune and Daniel brings together people of different social classes.
NOTE: Once On This Island was written to be performed by a diverse cast, in which race (dark skin versus light skin) provided the tension between the two sides of the island, but its authors also provide alterations to the script to change the tension to poverty versus wealth, in the event of a non-diverse cast. People of all ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to audition, and we will use the authors’ script alterations in the event of a non-diverse cast.
Auditions for “The Dixie Swim Club,” Little Theatre of Bedford’s third production of the 2017-1018 season, are as follows:
Director is Penny May
December 4th from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. In the lobby of Little Theatre (1704 Brian Way Lane)
December 11th from 6 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. – In the lobby of Little Theatre (1704 Brian Way Lane)
December 12 Call backs if necessary – time to TBA
Auditions open to adult women – five parts available – play features women aging over time – so auditions are not restricted to a certain age group.
Read-Thru will be Monday December 18th – Scripts and Rehearsal schedule to be handed out at this meeting.
First Rehearsal is on January 4th at 6:30 p.m.
Performance Dates: Feb 23,24,25 – then Mar 2,3